Use this mounting kit to mount your square newel to your stairway project.
The 16.3.31 Iron Newel Mounting kit fits 1″ square newels. The mounting kit is 6 1/4″ long and 1 7/16″ wide. The flange is 3/16″ thick, and the base is 2 3/4″ wide. The opening in the base is 1 5/16″ wide.
Also See the installation PDF
- Cut a hole in your stair tread sub-flooring large enough to receive the collar of the mounting kit.
- Place the shoe on the iron newel, and then slide the newel into the mounting kit.
- Once you have it properly aligned you use the three large setscrews to hold it in place.
- The newel / mounting kit is put into the hole, and the four long screws are then fastened into your stairs / flooring.
- The shoe is lowered into place and held using epoxy.
The 16.3.31 Iron Newel Mounting Kit is for the round iron balusters found in the Wentworth Series.