Use this mounting kit to mount your round newel to your stairway project.
The 16.3.33 Round Iron Newel Mounting kit fits 1″ round iron balusters and has a 3 1/8″ base.
Also See the installation PDF
- Cut a hole in your stair tread sub-flooring large enough to receive the collar of the mounting kit.
- Place the shoe on the iron newel, and then slide the newel into the mounting kit.
- Once you have it properly aligned you use the three large setscrews to hold it in place.
- The newel / mounting kit is put into the hole, and the four long screws are then fastened into your stairs / flooring.
- The shoe is lowered into place and held using epoxy.
The Round Iron Newel Mounting Kit is for the round iron balusters found in the Wentworth Series.