We call the 6100 handrail the “Extreme Handrail” because this style was originally designed for use in our Extreme Makeover: Home Edition project. We paired the 6100 with Box Newels to create a modern, mission style stairway. This handrail is extremely versatile: try it with iron or wood balusters, or pair it with the Viewrail cable rail system . Great for indoor or outdoor applications.
- Modern, Mission Style
- Indoor or Outdoor
- Beveled, Square Top
- Viewrail Compatible
- Widest Point: 2”
- Tallest Point: 1 ½”
Mounting and Finishing Information:
- Square-Top Baluster Mount: The 6100 Handrail can be plowed at widths of 1”, 1.25”, and 1.75”. When ordering plowed handrails, don’t forget to include Fillet in your order to fill the openings between balusters after installation.
- Iron Baluster Mount: Pair this handrail with your choice of Wrought Iron Balusters for timeless beauty. Design your own look with the Iron Baluster Design Tool. Be sure to include the proper mounting accessories, such as mounting kits and aluminum shoes.
- Bracket Mount: The 6100 Handrail may also be mounted using VR 453 Stainless Steel Handrail Bracket for Wall-Mounted Handrail. Be aware of code requirements in your area. Most codes require wall-mounted handrails to terminate into a wall. For that reason, Quarter Turn and 45 degree Mitred handrail endings may be necessary.
Viewrail System: Pair your modern handrail with a state-of-the-art cable railing system. Design your customized cable rail system with Victor, the Viewrail Design Tool.
- Finishings: Handrails may be treated with Pre-Catalyzed Lacquer to protect them against the natural oils from skin. This protective layer will keep your handrail looking new and fresh for years to come. This finishing is only approved for indoor applications. Unfortunately, we do not currently offer any exterior-grade finishes. If your handrail will be used outside, you may order it unfinished and self-apply an exterior-grade finish.
- Rail Bolt Kit: If you plan to join two handrails, install Wooden Newels, or connect Handrail Fittings, you will need a Rail Bolt Kit or an Angled Rail Bolt Kit.
Longer handrails crafted in certain species may require joints. Though this situation is rare, joints are always constructed with color, grain-match, and strength as priorities. We utilize Scarf Joints in order to provide the strongest, most discreet joint possible.
Wood Grain & Color Variation
At StairSuppliesTM we strive to match the grain and color of all of our wood products as closely as possible. However, due to the natural character of wood products, there may be instances in which a perfect grain and color match is not possible. By ordering from StairSuppliesTM, you acknowledge that there may be some variation in the grain and color of your wood products.
This product has been used in the following "Completed Projects"