We call the 6100 handrail the “Extreme Handrail” because this style was originally designed for use in our Extreme Makeover: Home Edition project. We paired the 6100 Handrail with Box Newels to create a modern, mission style stairway. This handrail is extremely versatile: try it with iron or wood balusters, or pair it with the Viewrail cable rail system. Great for indoor or outdoor applications.
- Beveled, Square Top
- Modern, Mission Style
- Indoor or Outdoor
- Viewrail Compatible
- Stain-Grade Wood
- Widest Point: 2”
- Tallest Point: 1 ½”
- Square-Top Baluster Mount: The 6100 Handrail can be plowed at widths of 1”, 1.25”, and 1.75” to accommodate Square-Top Balusters. When ordering plowed handrails, don’t forget to include Fillet in your order to fill the openings between balusters after installation.
- Iron Baluster Mount: Pair this handrail with your choice of Wrought Iron Balusters for timeless beauty. Design your own look with the Iron Baluster Design Tool. Be sure to include the proper mounting accessories, such as mounting kits and aluminum shoes.
- Bracket Mount: The 6100 Handrail may also be mounted using VR 453 Stainless Steel Handrail Bracket for Wall-Mounted Handrail. Be aware of code requirements in your area. Most codes require wall-mounted handrails to terminate into a wall. For that reason, Quarter Turn and 45 degree Mitred handrail endings may be necessary.
- Viewrail System: Pair your modern handrail with a state-of-the-art cable railing system. Design your customized cable rail system with the Viewrail Design Tool.
- Rail Bolt Kit: If you plan to join two handrails, install Wooden Newels, or connect Handrail Fittings, you will need a Rail Bolt Kit or an Angled Rail Bolt Kit.
Clear Finish & Stain Information
StairSupplies™ offers several premium stain and finish options for our products, depending on the product’s use. For handrails, we offer both clear finishes and stains. Select a clear finish if you want to draw out the natural beauty and colors of the wood. If you prefer deeper, richer tones, our custom-mixed stains are the ideal choice for your Handrail.
All of our stained and clear-finished handrails will be coated with Pre-Catalyzed Lacquer. Using the same quality product that cabinet makers require, this lacquer is designed to resist the natural oils from hands. We use this lacquer on all of our products that will be consistently touched, including handrails, balusters, and newels. This layer of protection will keep your indoor handrail looking smooth and stain free for years to come. Unfortunately, we do not currently offer any exterior-grade finishes. If your handrail will be used outside, you may order it unfinished and apply your own exterior-grade finish.
Wood Grain & Color Variation
At StairSupplies™ we believe that natural wood colors and visual textures add character to our products. With that in mind, we strive to match the grain and color of all of our wood products as closely as possible. However, due to the natural variation of wood products, there may be instances in which a perfect grain and color match is not possible. By ordering from StairSupplies™, you acknowledge that you are receiving a uniquely crafted product and there may be some variation in the grain and color of your wood products.
Additionally, longer handrails crafted in certain species may require joints. Though this is rare, joints are always constructed with color, grain-match, and strength as priorities. We utilize Scarf Joints in order to provide the strongest, most discreet joint possible.
This product has been used in the following "Completed Projects"