The 6004 Graspable Handrail is designed for both safety and style. The streamlined design is modern and timeless. Functionally, the grooves on each side make the 6004 easy to grip while walking up or down the stairs. In locations where grab rail is required, both the 6004 and the 6040 Round Handrail often meet building requirements when paired with guard rail. For excellent results, team the 6004 Graspable Rail with our Viewrail cable railing system or any modern staircase design.
- Grab Rail
- Square Top
- Simple, Clean Design
- Viewrail Compatible
- Widest Point: 2 ½”
- Narrowest Point: 2”
- Tallest Point: 2”
Mounting and Finishing Information:
- Viewrail System: Pair your modern handrail with a state-of-the-art cable railing system. Design your customized cable rail system with Victor, the Viewrail Design Tool.
- Square-Top Baluster Mount: The 6004 Handrail can be plowed at widths of 1”, 1.25”, and 1.75”. When ordering plowed handrails, don’t forget to include Fillet in your order to fill the openings between balusters after installation.
- Iron Baluster Mount: Pair this handrail with your choice of Wrought Iron Balusters for timeless beauty. Design your own look with the Iron Baluster Design Tool. Be sure to include the proper mounting accessories, such as mounting kits and aluminum shoes.
- Bracket Mount: The 6004 Handrail may also be mounted using VR 453 Stainless Steel Handrail Bracket for Wall-Mounted Handrail. Be aware of code requirements in your area. Most codes require wall-mounted handrails to terminate into a wall. For that reason, Quarter Turn and 45 degree Mitred handrail endings may be necessary.
- Finishings: Handrails may be treated with Pre-Catalyzed Lacquer to protect them against the natural oils from skin. This protective layer will keep your handrail looking new and fresh for years to come. This finishing is only approved for indoor applications. Unfortunately, we do not currently offer any exterior-grade finishes. If your handrail will be used outside, you may order it unfinished and self-apply an exterior-grade finish.
- Rail Bolt Kit: If you plan to join two handrails, install Wooden Newels, or connect Handrail Fittings, you will need a Rail Bolt Kit or an Angled Rail Bolt Kit.
Longer handrails crafted in certain species may require joints. Though this situation is rare, joints are always constructed with color, grain-match, and strength as priorities. We utilize Scarf Joints in order to provide the strongest, most discreet joint possible.