Looking for the industry standard? You’ve found it in the 6010 handrail. Used in more stairways in North America than any other handrail, the 6010 has a soft and simple profile that prides itself on versatility. The rounded top is ideal for gripping, and has kept families safe on their stairways for generations.
- Rounded Top
- Versatile, Simple Design
- Industry Standard
- Widest Point: 2 ¼”
- Tallest Point: 2 ⅜”
Mounting and Finishing Information:
- Square-Top Baluster Mount: The 6010 Handrail can be plowed at widths of 1” and 1.25”. When ordering plowed handrails, don’t forget to include Fillet in your order to fill the openings between balusters after installation.
- Iron Baluster Mount: Pair this handrail with your choice of Wrought Iron Balusters for timeless beauty. Design your own look with the Iron Baluster Design Tool. Be sure to include the proper mounting accessories, such as mounting kits and aluminum shoes.
- Bracket Mount: The 6010 Handrail may also be mounted using Handrail Bracketsfor Wall-Mounted Handrail. Be aware of code requirements in your area. Most codes require wall-mounted handrails to terminate into a wall. For that reason, Quarter Turn and handrail endings may be necessary.
- Finishings: Handrails may be treated with Pre-Catalyzed Lacquer to protect them against the natural oils from skin. This protective layer will keep your handrail looking new and fresh for years to come. This finishing is only approved for indoor applications. Unfortunately, we do not currently offer any exterior-grade finishes. If your handrail will be used outside, you may order it unfinished and self-apply an exterior-grade finish.
- Rail Bolt Kit: If you plan to join two handrails, install Wooden Newels, or connect Handrail Fittings, you will need a Rail Bolt Kit or an Angled Rail Bolt Kit.
Longer handrails crafted in certain species may require joints. Though this situation is rare, joints are always constructed with color, grain-match, and strength as priorities. We utilize Scarf Joints in order to provide the strongest, most discreet joint possible.
Wood Grain & Color Variation
At StairSuppliesTM we strive to match the grain and color of all of our wood products as closely as possible. However, due to the natural character of wood products, there may be instances in which a perfect grain and color match is not possible. By ordering from StairSuppliesTM, you acknowledge that there may be some variation in the grain and color of your wood products.
This product has been used in the following "Completed Projects"
What is handrail plow?
Are the listed dimensions a guaranteed minimum? I need to fit this in an opening that is about 1/8 shorter than the listed length and want to make sure I should not order the longer piece (I’d hate order it unnecessarily long though)